Modern home security options have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to fail to complete easy security duties like turning on your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Atlanta, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Atlanta For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your residence, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to communicate with each other. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all components onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and designate particular actions if you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you may set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
Below are some of the technologies you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Atlanta. When accessing the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. Just tap your phone, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for TV night with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Atlanta
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (404) 551-3078 or complete the following form to start designing your optimal security system.