You might recall the recent past when security devices were restricted to where wiring could be run in your residence. You could forget about placing a video camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a smartphone. But, home security is much different now, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless systems. You presently have a wealth of extra advantages at your disposal -- like system access from anywhere, components that connect and react to each other, and easy system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Atlanta will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
Things To Think About If You Go Wireless
Maybe the most important aspect of wireless home security can be summed up in these two words - internet connection. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a decent wireless router, you’re on the right path for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about an internet or power outage, search for security systems that have battery and cellular backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring team indefinitely.
In the event you reside in a rural setting without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will in all probability be a better choice. Or It may also make more sense from a financial standpoint to choose a wired installation if you relocate to a residence that has security wiring already in place.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Atlanta will boost your family’s protection, which is the main purpose to start with. However, if you prefer the chance of having the most advanced features, consider these advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the components in your house from your locks to your surveillance cameras directly from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view who’s at the front door, activate your lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you neglected to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency comes up, you are able to have alerts dispatched right to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installations. The great thing about wireless components is that you can place them practically in any location and in less time. If you would like to customize at a later time with the latest equipment, bringing devices into your configuration is not complicated.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a possibility with fast, two-way communications. You can set your system to act in certain scenarios to increase your protection and dissuade intrusions. For instance, if your outside camera discovers odd activity along your home’s perimeter, it can signal your entryway lighting to engage.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Atlanta
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Atlanta have shown to be dependable, it’s reasonable if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. Let’s take a look at a few of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless devices may fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart implements will send you a notification whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically should be positioned within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT is able to supply range extenders in some situations to increase your adaptability.
- Comparable to all types of internet-connected networks, the fear of getting hacked exists. You can take action to greatly reduce the risk by creating secure passwords, always changing default configurations, and selecting a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only employ security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to take advantage of the current advancements in Atlanta wireless home security? Contact us at (404) 551-3078 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your home.