How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Atlanta
You realize you have to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the ideal type of home secuirty? Determining if you should get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Atlanta and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at any moment. If a window sensor activates or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists are issued a warning immediately. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t include a backup team. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you must take action to get it resolved. This choice is the less expensive alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Atlanta
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system at the ready is always wise. If you are not on site, not awake, or without your smartphone, your property and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security may make you eligible for a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Superior components and flawless integration: By getting equipment, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Countless residents would prefer to have the job done by qualified experts, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement will be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Atlanta
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some might deem this to be an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other residents may wish to use a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to integrate components whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t get a security alert? This scenario will generate additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you want a helping hand during an install, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take much longer.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Atlanta
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Atlanta from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best option for you. Dial (404) 551-3078 today to get started.