Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Atlanta? As a general rule, there are three significant sectors of your residence for camera installations: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Even though your installation team will be able to advise where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Door
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would attempt to just stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other dangers to think about. A video doorbell is able to manage these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are nice as you are able to speak with any visitors who walk up and press the button. With the help of your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may reply to every ring with 2-way talk and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a visitor does try to do something nefarious, you can have your camera automatically document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging assignment. Thankfully, there are some useful recommendations to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Atlanta house provide a large viewing angle, as you can see two segments of your property.
- Just below an overhang or straight into a length of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for security cameras as they will be partially hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you may know!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any entryway not visible from the street.
For each installation, make sure you cut back any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Tips To Enjoy The Best Results From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Atlanta. But the additional adaptability means you have other installation variables to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight that enters via a window can cast a glare on your video recording. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: Just like a watchtower, a security camera located in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookcases or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to protect you if it’s broken. Install your indoor units in locations where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest video camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a decorative item or plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to cloak your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (404) 551-3078 or submit the form below to start your project.